Sweet bread pudding is where leftover stale bread gets a second chance at greatness.nice,easy and very delicious.
Skills & know h
Ingredients 8 servings
- 16 slices bread, cubed
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) evaporated milk
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Caramel sauce (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 12 x 8-inch baking dish.COMBINE bread and raisins in large bowl. Combine evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium bowl. Pour egg mixture over bread mixture; combine well. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Let stand for 10 minutes.
BAKE for 35 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Drizzle with caramel sauce before serving.