ARTISAN ICE CREAM WITH COCOA AND ANISE A classic, a timeless taste that everyone likes: chocolate ice cream. Choose the chocolate to use according to your tastes, based on how much you prefer it bitter, select a product with a higher or lower percentage of cocoa.
A secret to obtaining a good homemade ice cream is to prepare the mix one day in advance!
- EASY RECIPE EXECUTION
- PREPARATION 30 MIN
- COOKING 15 MIN
- PORTIONS 4-6 PORTIONS
- 1/2 liter of whole milk
- 15 g of bitter cocoa powder
- 3 CAFE BLUE DARK CHOCOLATE BAR 70%
- 200 g of sugar
- 250 g of cream
- 1 Tablespoon of Anise powder
- 4 yolks
- To prepare the chocolate ice cream mix, start by mixing cocoa and sugar in a bowl, but only one part, 150 g, keep the remaining 50 g aside.
- In a saucepan add the cold milk to the powders, mix with the help of a whisk and put on the fire. The mixture must reach 80 ° of temperature. Stir and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Chop the chocolate and, off the heat, add it to the milk. Melt it completely by continuing to stir, always off the heat.
- Use the remaining 50 g of sugar together with the yolks, work until a frothy and soft cream is obtained.
- Add a part of the chocolate milk mixture to the egg cream, mix well and pour the cream obtained in the saucepan with the remaining chocolate milk. Bring back on the heat, keep stirring, the mixture must reach 85 °. It will be ready when it becomes denser. Use a wooden spoon to mix, you will notice that the mixture will veil the back of the spoon, at that moment the mixture is ready. Warning: make sure it never reaches boiling point.
- Now you just have to remove the chocolate ice cream mix from the heat and add the cream, very cold. Stir for a long time until the cream is well mixed. Pour the mixture into a porcelain or glass bowl and, when it has cooled, put it in the refrigerator. Cover the container with plastic wrap.
- Prepare the mixture well in advance, it must rest in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- Pour it into the ice cream maker and follow the instructions for the appliance you are using.
- DECORATION TIP: Decorate it with a sprinkling of cinnamon and a beautiful ANISE STAR.
‘According to your tastes, you can add ingredients and nuances of flavor!’