With the help of precious ingredients today I baked this fantastic cake and called it..
COFFEE + CHOCOLATE + COCONUT
Pure ingredients, respected times, truly amazing taste
60 g of Dark Chocolate 70%
1 cup 100% Blue Mountain Coffee dark roasted
200g Flour 00
120 g of Butter
30 g. Coconut oil
30 g of peeled Almonds
80 g of Sugar
1 teaspoon of backing powder
Icing sugarCoconut flakes
Blue Mountain Coffee beans
EXECUTION DEMANDING RECIPE
PREPARATION 50 MIN
COOKING 35 MIN
CALORIES 450 CALORIES
PORTIONS 8 PORTIONS
- Just before starting to prepare the dark chocolate cake, remove the butter from the refrigerator and let it soften at room temperature.
- Lightly toast the almonds in the oven, let them cool . In a saucepan melt the chocolate in a bain-marie, mix gently, mix well and let cool.
- In a large bowl, work the whole egg and the sugar for a long time until a soft and frothy mixture is obtained. Incorporate the softened butter into small pieces at a time, working with patience for a long time (do not use melted butter because otherwise the cake is not good) , and the Coconut oil.
- Then gradually add the sifted flour, the baking powder and the cold melted chocolate, and 1 small cup of cold 100% Blue Mountain Coffee,mix everything gently.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and then add the chopped almonds, coconut flakes, and mix everything gently. Slowly mix the egg whites mixture from the bottom with the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the cake batter into a greased and lightly floured cake pan. Bake for about 35 – 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the chocolate cake comes out semi-clean with small amount of cake (not runny batter) on it due to the fudgy texture.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
Tip: let the cake cool in the oven by covering it with a clean cotton towel. So the cake keeps a natural softness!
- I decorated the cake with Coconut flakes, iced sugar and Coffee beans.
Coffee beans are a perfect decoration
and eaten with a light bite of cake is an Accomplice Combination
…’difficult to describe !